Notes on Images

As blogger restricts the image size of included images, click images for a larger version.
Limited EXIF data is contained in these larger images.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

170: Main Street Decorations

Well I have been waiting several weeks for the city to get the electrical problem corrected for the downtown street decorations. Well tonight they were working. I really needed glass that very long or very wide. As I had neither with me as I was not expecting them to be on. So here is what I got.

The City's Snowflake

2 comments:

  1. Good. Very clean and the lighting is good. Love the empty black background. The slanted pole is a nice touch. Most would have squared the pole with the edge - you didn't - that makes you unique and the picture better. The snowflake is prefectly square. Great at lining the shot up. I would love to see this as an HDR to lighten up the pole - although, if you were to do that, you may mess up the image because the "now" floating smaller stars may appear attached to something with HDR. I'd have to see it to be sure. Just thinking out loud. As usual, I's love to know the exposure of this one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISO 200 F:2.8 1/125 (increased exposure 1.5 stops in post processing)
    HDR might be a good thought as it might bring out the tree a little bit more as it seems blogger lost most of the tree. The sloping pole is the reason I wanted to do the shot with long glass, but my long zoom was at home due to weather. It was shot very close at 17mm causing the leaning pole. Then I had the choice of a leaning pole or leaning tree.

    ReplyDelete