Notes on Images

As blogger restricts the image size of included images, click images for a larger version.
Limited EXIF data is contained in these larger images.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

311: Memories and Tire Swings

I went out today in search of fall color to photograph.  I found some for tomorrow morning but none for today.  I did, however, caught a glimpse of this image and as I was continuing my search, I realized this was my image for the day.


The Old Tire Swing

As I get older my mind wanders back to the years of my youth and I have developed a strong urge to go back and visit some of those places.  Having visited some of those places previously,  I realize that it is not the place, it is the people with whom you associate those places with, that make the real memories. The places are seldom as beautiful as your memory has made them.  People make the memories, places just fix them in space and time.

Another thing about visiting memories, they may be somber, happy or perhaps both.  But to enjoy maximum benefit you need to have someone very special with you, someone that knows you, cares for you, and understands you.  At somber places this person needs to recognize those and be one that can walk up after a few moments and place a hand on you shoulder and in doing so say, I understand and I share your feelings.  At the happy places this same person needs to be one that will share your stories of happiness no matter what the situation.  So now this someone enhances the memory.

People are the key to memories, keep them and cherish them.
And may you make a new beautiful memory today.

And about Tire Swings ....some neat memories....







2 comments:

  1. I understand. Nolan and I camped in the cold this weekend at Kings Mountain. Upon leaving, we decided to visit more of the property. We visited an old farm. I was able to relive a lot of my memories by teaching him. I showed him the old gin mill and showed him how it worked. I was able to show him how the mules would walk round-and-round while turning the press to extract the liquid from the sorghum cane and then showing the pot and fire that made molasses. We visited the barn and I showed him how the cattle was fed and the salt block that the horses had licked grooved in. We looked at the outhouse and I told him about the deep hole that was dug and how they used to pour stuff in to keep it fresh. I reminded him of a property that we frequent that I used to use an outhouse and a bedpan. He was astounded that I was old enough to have used an outhouse and a bedpan. I told him how the bellows worked at the blacksmith shop. He learned a lot and I enjoyed my memories with others while sharing my knowledge with him. It was a wonderful experience! This post was timed perfectly!

    Thanks for sharing Elmo.

    Missing Dad today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't remember seeing your picture and then I read it and looked at the comments. I enjoyed your post and then saw my comment. Oh how I enjoyed that day with Nolan. Again, your post was timed perfectly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete